HOW TO BECOME A MEMBER
PAL membership is open to anyone 18 years of age or older - artists and art appreciators alike. Current membership includes nearly 300 people - sculptors, photographers, potters, jewelry designers, glass and enameling artists, painters, writers -- even people who simply love art.
Annual dues are $35 for basic individual membership; $45 for a household. In order to be included in the printed Member Directory, dues must be paid by October 1 every year.
Benefits include -
• Monthly Newsletter
• Individual Member Gallery page
• Printed Membership Directory
• Scholarship Opportunities. (For scholarship information, click here.)
• Discounts on Classes and Workshops
• Exhibition Privileges in our Members Shows. (For a screening application and complete details click here Members' Shows Screening Form or download a form from the Miscellaneous Forms page.)
• Voting Privileges
• Video Library -- Our ever-growing Video Library is located at Kimball Espresso Gallery, 6950 Kimball Dr. The library is located just inside the swinging doors at the back of the gallery room. Click here for the current PAL Video Library Catalog, A catalog can also be downloaded from the "Miscellaneous Forms" page.
• Discounts of 10-20% at art stores including Artists Edge, Daniel Smith and Water's Edge Gallery.
The membership application provides all pertinent information. Download a membership form here -- PAL Membership Form-2014. --and mail it with your dues payment to the address on the form, or bring it to a monthly meeting.
Volunteer -- PAL's success and relevance is equal to the volunteer committment of our members. We encourage you to take an active role in your Art League by chairing or serving on a committee, by helping during the Summer Art Festival and other events and activities or by participating in other ways. For a list of volunteer opportunities, complete with 'job descriptions' -- click here
We usually meet the fourth Tuesday of the month. The meetings begin at 5:30 with a social hour, followed by the business meeting at 6pm and the monthly program / art demo at approximately 6:30pm. An arts-related program highlights each meeting. Also, three PAL members bring samples of their work to display every month.
In July we present the Summer Art Festival and the Members' Summer Art Show. We elect new officers at our September meeting and dues for the upcoming year are payable at that time. Visitors and newcomers are welcome at every PAL event.